Application portal for B.I.G. Summer 2021 is now open! Admission is competitive and early applications are strongly encouraged.
PROGRAM DATES: JUNE 21 TO AUGUST 13, 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR EARLY DECISION: January 4, 2021 at 5:00PM PST
FINAL DEADLINE: March 1, 2021 at 5:00PM PST
Applicants must be:
- a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or F-1 visa holder;
- a rising junior or senior;
- have a GPA of 3.0 or higher;
- have some familiarity with at least one programming language (e.g. python, pearl, R, Java, MAT-LAB, C++, etc.);
- preferably have taken bioinformatics or biostatistics courses.
A finalized application will include:
- a complete online application form;
- one letter of recommendation from a faculty member;
- one copy of your unofficial transcript;
- one document containing short responses to a set of eight questions posted.
Questions? Contact BIGSummer@ucla.edu.