Workshop Description (Introductory Course)
Galaxy (https://usegalaxy.org/) is a web-based infrastructure for bioinformatics application. This workshop introduces participants to using Galaxy for analysis of Next-Generation Sequencing data, as well as the structure of Galaxy, data format and manipulation, obtaining and sharing data, and building and sharing workflows. This workshop will use the tools installed on Galaxy to perform a few types of NGS analysis.
- UCLA galaxy and user account
- Galaxy web interface and management
- Tools for NGS analyses and their application
- Data formats
- Build/share workflow and history
- Q and A
- Galaxy Tools for RNA-seq analysis
- Galaxy Tools for ChIP-seq analysis
- Galaxy Tools for gene annotation
- Q and A
***Published datasets/results will be used in the workshop
- Attendees will need a Galaxy account. To request an account, email your full name, P.I’s full name, and your UCLA email address to Weihong Yan (email@example.com).
- We strongly encourage attendees to bring a laptop capable of accessing UCLA’s WiFi.
For the students who bring in your own laptop, please have the following installed on your computer:
Filezilla: https://filezilla-project.org. Please install the client version, but not the server.
Weihong Yan is the system administrator of Galaxy. She constructs and maintains software and hardware needed for bioinformatics application. Dr. Yan provides consultation services on microarray, proteomic and genomic data analysis.
I learned so much and the instructor is fantastic and very helpful. Thank you!
Length: 2 days, 2 hrs per day
Location: Boyer 529
Seats Available: 28
Fall 2022 Dates
Oct. 26, and 27
1:30 PM – 4:30 PM
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!