RNA-seq III (De Novo Transcriptome Assembly using Trinity) aims to provide an introduction to transcriptome assembly from Illumina RNA-seq reads using Trinity software (https://github.com/trinityrnaseq/).
The workshop is centered around hands-on exercises performed by participants with step-by-step instructions, and will facilitate better understanding of the de novo assembly processes and subsequent analysis.
Topics covered in the workshop are:
- Concept of de novo transcriptome assembly and introduction to Trinity
- Trinity command line and launching the run
- Post-Assembly Analysis
- Assessing quality of the assembly
- Abundance quantification
- QC Samples and biological replicates
- Differential expression
- Coding region identification
- Functional annotation
- Attendees are required to have a Hoffman2 account. To apply for an account, click here. UCLA participants who lack a faculty sponsor and non-UCLA participants may apply for a temporary Hoffman2 account, requesting sponsorship from Collaboratory Workshops.
Dr. Marina Linardic, Ph.D.
Prerequisites: Unix, Python
Length: 2 days, 2 hrs per day
Seats Available: TBD
Fall 2020 Dates
WORKSHOP HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED