UCLA Collaboratory Fellow Award Program
QCB Collaboratory is searching for a postdoc or project scientist who can collaborate with world-class faculty in bioinformatics, genomics, or computational biology– To learn about our faculty, and their research, click here.
JULY – DECEMBER 2021
The Collaboratory Fellow Award Program is a prestigious funding mechanism available to postdocs and project scientists conducting research in computational biology and bioinformatics.
Collaboratory Fellow responsibilities are designed to provide career development opportunities complementary to those of their host laboratory: developing a collaborative network; broadening research impact and training; and expanding a teaching portfolio.
Awards are typically $12,500 and for a renewable six-month period. Fellows are responsible for:
- teaching one workshop per quarter,
- dedicating one day per week to Collaboratory projects,
- attending monthly group meetings.
To apply, e-mail the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- a curriculum vitae (CV)
- No more than 1-page research statement:
- Please describe your past and current research, and highlight your quantitative expertise.
- What types of collaborative projects you may be interested in contributing?
- No more than 1-page teaching statement:
- Please describe your past teaching experiences and your teaching philosophy.
- Which of the currently offered workshops you would be interested in teaching?
- What new workshops you might want to develop, and how would they align with your teaching philosophy.
- No more than 1-page Diversity statement:
- Please describe your knowledge of the opportunities, and challenges in advancing diversity and equal opportunity in higher education.
- How have you been actively engaged to further equity, diversity and inclusion?
- Describe your plans to further inclusive and equitable teaching practices and research environment.
- No more than 1 letter of recommendation from a faculty who is not your current PI.
- No more than 1 page letter of support from your current PI.
For Returning Fellows, e-mail the following materials to email@example.com:
- A curriculum vitae (CV).
- 1 letter of support from UCLA PI.
- Active inclusive and equitable teaching practices.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, JUNE 4TH, 2021