Workshop Description (Intermediate Course)
This workshop aims to introduce the basic concepts and algorithms for single-cell RNA-seq analysis. It will help participants obtain a better idea of how to use scRNA-seq technology, from considerations in experimental design to data analysis and interpretation. This workshop can serve researchers who are interested in designing an scRNA-seq study or who have acquired scRNA-seq data and would like to learn about different analytical approaches.
- Concept of scRNA-seq and main applications
- Important issues in experimental design
- Comparison between popular technical platforms
- Raw data processing
- Overview of scRNA-Seq analysis and logistics of Scanpy;
- Data preprocessing: loading, QC/filtering, normalization/scaling;
- Dimensionality reduction and clustering;
- Identification of marker genes;
Pitfalls and considerations
Students should have a working copy of Python3 with the Scanpy, Numpy, Pandas, and Matplotlib packages installed. An integrated development environment (IDE) for Python, such as PyCharm or Spyder is also recommended.
I felt this workshop was very useful.
Prerequisites: Intro to Python (W9) is highly recommended.
Length: 3 days, 3 hrs per day
Location: Boyer 529
Seats Available: 28
Nov. 2, 3, and 4
9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!